PROJECT UPDATES & COMPANY INFO
Proposed Angeleno Lithium-Ion Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) Facility
This page contains information about Avantus' Proposed Angeleno Lithium-Ion Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) Facility to be located in Acton, California. It has been gathered directly from Avantus' own company website and/or the literature given to the Acton Town Council dated April 21, 2023 (See contact info below.).
Please read through their provided information to learn about the proposed facility: what it is, what it will do, how it will store the lithium-ion batteries, and how the batteries will provide back-up electricity to various metropolitan areas in California.
To learn why the Avantus Angeleno Lithium-Ion Battery Storage Energy Storage System (BESS) Facility is ABSOLUTELY NOT right for Acton, please click HERE for:
- Up-to-date news about the progress of the Acton Takes Action Community Task Force along with Acton and Agua Dulce residents in opposing all of the proposed (BESS) facilities;
- Publications and articles regarding the extremely dangerous nature of lithium-Ion (BESS) facilities;
- Links to more resources;
- Link to our Acton Takes Action Opposition Petition against all proposed (BESS) facilities.
PROJECT UPDATE (as of June 7, 2023)
As the project would be located on ag-zoned land (agricultural Land), it will require a General Plan Amendment and other entitlements to proceed. No project has been submitted yet to the Dept. of Regional Planning (DRP). The Acton Town Council (ATC) plans to write a letter to DRP regarding the proposed project. Thus far, no application has been submitted so there is no project number.
Located in Los Angeles, California, Avantus, Inc. (previously 8Minute Solar LLC) is a developer of utility-scale solar panel energy storage projects.
INFORMATION TO COME
Avantus proposes to construct the Angeleno Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) on up to 68 acres of private property located along Soledad Canyon Road, approximately one mile west of the Southern California Edison (SCE) Vincent substation, within unincorporated Los Angeles County (ATA Editor's Note: Proposed facility location will be IN Acton, CA), California.
The proposed Angeleno BESS project proposes to utilize the following
- The BESS would be constructed with up to 1,150 Megawatts (MW) of Battery Storage.
- The BESS would likely have a 4-hour duration -- 4,600 Megawatt hours (MWh) of Capacity.
- The BESS would connect to the SCE Vincent Substation with a 500kV Transmission Line.
- The BESS would include batteries, transformers, inverters, a project switchyard, and appurtenant facilities (e.g., access roads and gates, water tanks, etc.).
Current Project Status
- Conducting baseline technical studies.
- Preparing draft project application materials.
- Initiated coordination with Los Angeles County Planning Department and Los Angeles County Fire Department
For more about Avantus LLC and their proposed Angeleno (BESS) facility to be located in Acton, please use the following links:
- Avantus Company Website Avantus.com
- Contact Avantus by Mail:
- Los Angeles, Executive Office | 1801 Century Park East, Suite 700, Los Angeles, CA 90067; Phone 323-525-0900, Fax 310-424-7112
- San Francisco | 250 Sutter Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94108; Phone 415-872-9265
- Sacramento | 4370 Town Center Blvd., Suite 110, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762; Phone 916-608-9060
- Austin | 9600 Great Hills Trail, Suite 130E, Austin, TX 78759